Precaliber 20 will have your little rider begging to go out for a pedal on their first real big kid bike. It’s a great transition model from training wheels. It has one speed, a coaster brake, and a saddle with an integrated handle that can be swapped out for a light mount. For kids ages 6-8, between 45-52″ tall (~ 114-132 cm).
Why you’ll love it
- One speed is all you need—a simple set-up gives kids confidence and helps them stay in control.
- Coaster brakes are simple and intuitive for kids to use—they just pedal backwards to stop!
- You can replace the saddle’s integrated handle with an integrated light mount to boost visibility on family adventures and solo excursions.
- Like all Precaliber bikes, the frame is lower so it’s easier for kids to stand over and hop on and off.
- Investing in a kids’ bike from an established bike brand is worth it—Trek kids’ bikes are designed and assembled by people who know bikes.